79. Let's Talk Self-Mastery - First Step to Aligned Living
Your Badass Journey is back! I took a few months off to do some inner work, and oh boy do I have a lot to share with all of you. The show will now have an even greater emphasis on two things: awesome, actionable advice that you can put into action immediately after listening + YOU! I want to be addressing your specific needs, answering the questions you have, and walking alongside you on Your Badass Journey.
To kick things off, I will be featuring a series of discussions about self-mastery throughout the week.
The first step towards self-mastery is finding alignment with who you truly are. Then, once you’ve gotten in touch with that true, authentic version of yourself, you have to figure out the mindset and/or systems that will allow your authentic self to show up in everything you do.
How to Take the First Step Towards Aligned Living:
- Block off some time for self-reflection. Ask yourself some of the questions brought up in this episode, really sit with your answers, and rank how fulfilled you feel on a scale of 1 to 10. Investigate whether your thoughts feel like they reflect how you feel right now or a story you tell yourself. This will probably be uncomfortable, but it’s necessary if what you’re doing isn’t in alignment with what you’re feeling.
- Questions you might ask include: How do I feel right now? How do I want to feel right now? Where am I spending my time? How do I feel after I spend my time that way?
- If the ranking of how fulfilled you feel after spending your time on any particular task is lower than a 8/10, ask yourself another question: Does this really need to belong in my life right now for me to start thinking about how I stand in self-mastery tomorrow?
- Inversely, if your ranking for a task is 8/10 or greater, ask yourself: Why does that fill me up? What would it feel like if that was the first thing I did every day?
- Identify the most fulfilling actions for you and make a plan to prioritize them every morning, whether that’s by putting it on your calendar, on a checklist, setting a phone reminder, or something else. Whatever works best for you.
- This isn’t something you can do once in your life and then move on. Self-mastery is a life-long journey, and every time you experience growth in your life, you will have to revisit some of these questions.
- If you are burnt out or at the end of your rope, if you don’t “feel like you,” this may not be the time for self-interrogation. That’s a sign that you need to take some time to focus on yourself, first. That’s why, when I work with clients who are facing uncertainty, I always start by getting to the root of how they’re caring for themselves.
Now, let’s turn this into a conversation!
Text message Kareen at 917-540-5782 to get your direct questions regarding the content of the podcast answered.
Take a screenshot of your phone while you’re listening, share it on Insta with your biggest takeaway, and tag me: @kareenzwalsh and @yourbadassjourneypodcast. And if you have any questions about what we discuss in this episode or a problem you’re currently experiencing, I want you to slide into those DMs so that I can answer it on a future episode.
Want A Copy of the SLP Workbook: