114. Increasing Engagement Requires Direction
When you have eyes on your business, how do you turn those interests into engagement that converts them into a client or community member?
There is always a moment when someone discovers you for the first time. They have to decide whether they’re going to engage with you, whether that’s a follow, a comment, or even purchasing a product or service. So many people miss their opportunity for engagement when they have that moment of attention. In this episode, I’m going to cover what you need to do to engage with your potential customers and clarify whether you’re the right fit for them.
How do you get more people to find out what you do and get them into the top of your funnel?
- Identify where most people discover you for the first time, whether that’s YouTube, social media, or your website. What direction are you giving them when they first discover you? Where can they learn more about what you have to offer?
- So many people would engage with your business if they only knew how to get started, so you have to take advantage of that.
- Think about something you have to offer that gives people immediate gratification from the moment they lay eyes on you, and you can point to it with any new post, podcast interview, or connection.
- If you’re looking for a job and wondering how this applies to you, you can offer a 30 minute interview to get to know someone in the industry and talk things through. Since you are asking for value from them, offer to buy them lunch or a coffee or send them a gift card as thanks.